Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thank you luncheon for host families!

So today in Thies we hosted a thank you lunch for one member from each of the host families who opened their home for us future PC volunteers.  My host mom Maryama came and she brought baby Binta :)
The lunch was delicious! It was by far the best meal I've had since I got to Senegal!! There was rice, chicken and beef, and a ton of VEGETABLES!!! They are rare here in dishes (of course I didn't eat the yucky meat, but I was so excited about the variety of things in the bowl) There were tomatos, carrots, bell peppers, onions, olives, the little baby pickles, and corn among other things.  The rice had raisins in it too! So delicious!  I ate til I had a food baby :( haha! But it was totally worth it!  After lunch we listened to a group that sang Fulakunda music.  My host mom is Pulaar and she loved it. Check out the video! :)
 
We also drank tea, gave out a thank you certificate to the families, and just spent one last day with our family member.  I'm glad it was my host mom; she was my favorite!  Tomorrow we are going to Dakar to swear in!!! Check back for an update! :)   xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment